As usual, I find myself filled with new possibilities when facing another year. I have, of course, with the rest of the world made a few resolutions. And as usual — at the top of my list is it get healthier.
I say get healthier rather than “lose weight” because I am focused on an overall approach to health. Sure, weight loss is often a part of that — but here are a few of the things I’m hoping to address through moving more and eating less — specifically less processed foods. (I’m still gluten-free obviously).
- More energy (See Brad Pitt above ;p)
- Stronger bones
- Clear skin (less wrinkles)
- Better sleep
- Less joint pain
- Less brain fog
- Longer/stronger hair and nails
- Healthier organs
- Improved emotional well-being
- Less stress
So — there’s probably more, but these are my main focus.
I’ve actually been incorporating long treadmill walks about 3-4 days a week for the last couple of months. I haven’t lost any weight, but I can definitely feel a difference in my mood and energy levels as well as ability to fall asleep easier.
For those who have followed me for a while now, I also finally have incorporated my Thyroid medication again. (I went off all my meds cold turkey about 1 year ago — i don’t recommend this for anyone as it can be dangerous — but I was feeling super lethargic and experiencing all the regular symptoms from slow thyroid (weight gain, dry skin, losing hair, eye problems …) and decided to go get my blood work and get back on them. So glad I did and still waiting to see/feel the results as it hasn’t even been a month yet.
So, health wise I seem to be heading in the right direction.
We’re enjoying our new home tremendously, I have the best job and love the people I work with … oh … and I’ve recently had the opportunity to be in a movie and also a TV Pilot, so that’s been a fun new adventure.
Creatively I am writing again, which is refreshing! I hope to complete at least one book this year and have it edited and ready for publication. I’ve already begun the process and excited to see it come to fruition.
Other creative projects I’m working on or looking forward to:
- I’m in the process of giving my kitchen a makeover (New counter tops, paint, a back splash) I’m going from olive and lime greens to grays and reds. (See below)
- I’m in the middle of an oil painting project
- I have plans to update several rooms in my house and also the front and back porches
- I hope to appear on the big screen again this year in a movie produced by one of my buddies
- I hope to write a screenplay and potentially direct my first movie to play at a festival next October
- I’m learning to play the bass guitar (although I haven’t spent near enough time lately doing it)
- I plan to get out and shoot more photography this year ❤
- I hope to appear in the TV show again should the pilot get picked up by a network
- I hope to travel more this year
So – as you can see. I am a busy girl. All of this on top of my full-time job, single-parenting and dating.
And somehow I still find time to binge on Netflix and Amazon Prime. 😉
And I hope to blog more. Here and elsewhere.
Do you guys have any New Year’s resolutions or are you in the middle of any cool projects? I’d love to hear about them!
Until next time friends